Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pura Vida


Sad. I leave Costa Rica tomorrow morning (Monday the 14th). I cannot believe how quickly almost six weeks went. INSANE. Seriously, we discussed this so many times while I was here how fast time goes.

In comparison to last weekends blog, this week was pretty calm, but very good. I got to enjoy my last days of my Costa Rican life. Worked, went to my final pilates classes, and hung out with friends. Lots of hanging out with friends and people I work with was a great way to spend the last week. Friday at work we had pie and ice cream, at least you get to celebrate leaving I guess. I absolutely love the people I work with and really hope to stay in contact with them, and def come back and see them again! (See picture below, some of the people I work with and Alvaro's kids) Friday night went out to dinner and around San Jose with friends, who are also the best people ever. I really did not think I would make so many great friends coming here and will miss them a ton, at least I got to spend a lot of time with them this weekend.


Friday was great fun hanging out with them and the entire weekend basically consisted ofbeing with my Ticos and having goodbye parties! Saturday I also went to Andres' climbing competition, it was an outdoor climbing wall on this huge mountain cliff, the wall was TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY FEET HIGH! (see the above picture) It was incredible how high this wall was. Saturday night I also went to this CRAZY performance. It was pretty much all in the dark with black lights with people in black but then would have parts you could see that formed insane creatures and illusions, it was really the strangest, coolest, and trippy thing I have ever seen and had no idea what I was getting myself into. Check out these pics I found online - truly you need to seem them here

Not too eventful for blogging, but it was great hanging out with my friends before I leave, as I have already mentioned numerous times.

Tomorrow I open the office one more time, when Nora gets here at 8, and then I think I am heading to the airport around 9ish. Sad day.

Costa Rica has been amazing. I had no expectations, let alone knowledge (I thought it was like Puerto Rico or something) about this place. And oh my goodness, what an amazing place this little country is. I will forever love Ticos and this land of theirs!

Advice for this blog, Lime and Salt make everything so much more tasty, seems simple, but its true.

So, everyone should travel to Costa Rica, need any advice let me know. But if the website that I worked so hard on writing the content for ever gets up I will def let everyone know so they can book their Solimar Travel trip to Costa Rica ;-)

No comments: